Friday, August 18, 2017

Teleport Arc Rumble

Teleport Arc Rumble


What I thought was going to be a 1 hour task turned into a deep dark black hole of hell.

I did not find a single example of someone successfully rumbling the Vive controller from C++.

I have code that should work but it does not and I am tired of fighting with it right now.

So... I went the opposite route and worked on calling a blueprint method (which I know works) from C++. That was an extreme pain as well.

If you construct a blueprint object via Spawn it will not call blue print methods.

I had to resort to dropping a blueprint actor (that subclassed a C++ class I created) into the scene and then find it once the game started. That gave me the ability to call blue print custom events.

Unreal fights me every inch of the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment