Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oculus Tuscany Reference Images

If I'm going to rebuild Tuscany in UE4, I needed reference images from the original. I spent a few hours tonight grabbing screen captures and then cropping them in Photoshop. I left the distortion in place because fixing would reduce the quality of the image.

A couple of observations:
1. None of the materials have normal/bump/etc. They are very plain.
2. This demo easily runs at 60 fps. That will be hard to match in UE4 when I'm done
3. Wall textures are single full images that have been hand crafted. There is no melding of textures in a complex material. That is what I'm going to do.
4. The wood beams looks really good
5. The stone wall around the yard can use some improvement

Overall, this demo has a really nice feel to it even though it is a bit primitive. It will be a challenge to replicate the look of it.

Substance Indie Pack
I bought the Substance Indie Pack when it was 50% off on steam. It is a tool for building materials quickly. I will be learning that as I build this scene. I will probably need to spend a few weeks learning that tool before diving into this project.

Reference Images:


































No comments:

Post a Comment