Monday, May 12, 2014

"lighting needs to be rebuilt" UDK nag

I am so tired of the "lighting needs to be rebuilt" message on my screen:


I am constantly moving stuff and the lighting on a couple of my boards can take upwards to an hour. Even on my maingear monster.

I need vid caps from my game to build a trailer and these messages have to go.

Fortunately they are easy to remove.

In UDKEngine.ini adjust this setting:
[Engine.Engine]
bSuppressMapWarnings=True

restart UDK and voila, no more nags.

This is for UDK 3. I'm not sure if this applies to UE4.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo just what I needed to know. Thanks for the post! I'm trying to make a video of my level and for some reason I get this message even after I rebuild all lights. For now I needed a video and didn't have time to figure out why i have this ongoing message. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete