Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ready Player One Arcade Cabinet

Just adding some final meshes. I want to include an arcade machine in the game based on Ready Player One. I spent the last hour building cabinet art for it based on Tempest.

Here is the texture:


It is based off this artwork:
http://lerms.deviantart.com/art/Ready-Player-One-305633071

I think this is going to look pretty sweet as a cabinet. We'll find out in a few hours.

Here is the cabinet in blender. I need to do some texture mapping and then add the final bits to the mesh (controllers and coin return)

Here is the textured mapped version. That is good enough for my purposes right now:

Here it is in game:

It looks weird without control knobs so those need to be added but it looks nice.

wow, that took 5 hours. Where does the time go...?

Here it is in its final form in the game.

I like to think of it as a piece of cheese in a mousetrap :)

You probably couldn't see it, but this mesh had no lightmap channel and the left panel of the machine was incorrectly lit. It was going to bug me so I fixed it this morning. I hate doing lightmaps but what are you going to do?...

Proper Light mapping

No comments:

Post a Comment